Fran is an Associate in Mishcon Private specialising in immigration.
She has experience advising on a range of UK immigration issues, including: applications under categories of the points-based system; spouse, civil partner and unmarried partner applications; ancestry visas; sole representative visas; rights under European law; indefinite leave to remain in the UK; applications to naturalise or register as a British citizen; and applications for leave to remain outside of the immigration rules. Fran also advises in relation to alternative citizenship programmes.
Fran specialises in applications of an exceptional and complex nature for clients whose personal circumstances require a bespoke immigration strategy. Fran is well versed in advocating on behalf of clients whose lives may not fit neatly into established immigration categories.
Fran regularly writes articles concerning investment migration to the UK and the potential impact of Brexit on UK immigration. She is also a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association and regularly attends committee meetings regarding economic migration to the UK.
Fran supports a charity called Echo100Plus, an Austrian charity which helps individuals residing in refugee camps in Greece. She spent time in Ritsona refugee camp in Spring 2017, located north of Athens, which hosted approximately 900 people, 95% of whom had fled the war in Syria. Fran also mentors refugees living in the UK via the charity Breaking Barriers, assisting refugees to find meaningful employment in the UK.
- Obtaining a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a high net worth individual whose personal and cultural circumstances fell outside of the immigration rules.
- Successfully engaging the discretion of the Secretary of State and obtaining British citizenship for a client despite excess absences from the UK and a previous refusal.
- Assisting with the preparation of an individual's claim for asylum on the basis of political persecution.
- Obtaining an EEA residence card for an individual in exceptional circumstances and on an expedited basis.
- Assisting with the preparation of an application for discretionary leave to remain in the UK on the basis of rights under the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Assisting with the reinstatement of an individual's British citizenship on the basis of false allegations of fraud.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya LLP
BPP Law School, GDL and LPC
University of Cambridge, Master's degree in modern and medieval languages