Fran is an Associate in Mishcon Private, specialising in immigration.
She has experience advising on a range of UK immigration issues, including: applications under categories of the points-based system; spouse, civil partner and unmarried partner applications; ancestry visas; rights under European law; indefinite leave to remain in the UK, claims for asylum; and applications for discretionary leave to remain.
Fran also advises on applications to naturalise or register as a British citizen, in particular those of an exceptional or complex nature.
She is part of the firm's Business Immigration team, advising both corporate and individual clients in connection with their immigration related employment issues.
Fran is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association and regularly attends committee meetings regarding economic migration to the UK.
- Obtaining a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a high net worth individual whose personal and cultural circumstances fell outside of the immigration rules.
- Successfully engaging the discretion of the Secretary of State and obtaining British citizenship for a client despite excess absences from the UK and a previous refusal.
- Assisting with the preparation of an individual's claim for asylum on the basis of political persecution.
- Obtaining an EEA residence card for an individual in exceptional circumstances and on an expedited basis.
- Assisting with the preparation of an application for discretionary leave to remain in the UK on the basis of rights under the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Assisting with the reinstatement of an individual's British citizenship on the basis of false allegations of fraud.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya LLP
BPP Law School, GDL and LPC
University of Cambridge, Master's degree in modern and medieval languages