William Chung is a Managing Associate in our Construction department advising on non-contentious construction issues.
William's practice spans the commercial real estate, energy and infrastructure sectors, both domestically and internationally. He acts principally for developers, institutional investors and financiers and advises on the full range of construction documentation as well as issues surrounding procurement strategy. His approach is multi-disciplinary, working closely with client teams and colleagues specialising in commercial real estate, planning and development finance.
William has experience working in Hong Kong and Shanghai as well as valuable in-house experience at the London flagship store of a chain of high-end department stores.
- CPP Investments on its joint venture and contracting arrangements with Lendlease for the phased development of office schemes at The International Quarter, London.
- Brookgate on procurement strategy and negotiation of construction contracts in relation to several forward fundings for office accommodation totalling in excess of 500,000 square feet and a 4-star Novotel hotel as part of the master plan redevelopment of Cambridge North and the Station Road area of Cambridge.
- Lloyds and China CITIC as joint lead arrangers of a £475 million facility for CC Land and R&F Properties' Nine Elms development joint venture to finance the construction of their mixed used One Thames City development – one of the London market's largest ever residential development financings.
- United Overseas Bank on a £160 million debt facility to finance Phase 2 of the Lewisham Gateway development, the second element of a major mixed-use scheme in South London.
- Brookfield Properties on the construction aspects and pre-letting of 100 Bishopsgate, a forty storey mixed-use commercial development which contains 900,000 sq ft of net lettable space, and London Wall Place, two statement office buildings totalling 500,000 sq ft.
- Logicor across its UK logistics portfolio on procurement strategy, risk allocation, negotiation of a construction contacts and consultant appointments.
- A joint venture between Goldman Sachs and Urbanwise Developments on the redevelopment (and related acquisition and financing) of the Grade II listed former Southwark Fire Station to a 1150 pupil secondary school along with 199 residential homes and local community facilities.
- Advising Ocado on the project development arrangements for new automated distribution facilities in Japan and advising on a number of contracts for the procurement of technology, plant and equipment for warehousing and automated distribution systems across its customer fulfilment centres in the UK.
- Advising Birmingham Highways Limited on the re-procurement of term services for all highway maintenance activities in Birmingham.
- CERO Generation (part of Macquarie Green Investment Group) on its solar and battery storage development at Larks Green, Gloucestershire.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Associate, Taylor Wessing LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Taylor Wessing LLP
BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course
BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) History