Fran is a Managing Associate and Knowledge Lawyer with experience of advising on a broad spectrum of immigration matters.
Fran works closely with members of the immigration team to drive the delivery of client-focused strategy and practice development initiatives. Fran leverages knowledge to underpin the team's practice development and leads on the dissemination of immigration-focused knowledge both internally and externally. She also manages the implementation of tech enabled knowledge solutions enhancing the delivery of modern client services.
Fran is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association and regularly attends committee meetings regarding migration to the UK. She has represented the Mishcon Immigration Group at the Home Office's Business User Forum, liaising with the Home Office on key developments and issues affecting clients.
In 2018, Fran was recognised as an Inspiration Individual at the Citywealth Future Leaders Awards.
Fran has previously supported a charity called Echo100Plus, which supports individuals residing in refugee camps in Greece. Fran spent time in refugee camps in mainland Greece and on the island of Leros, which hosted individuals who had fled conflict in their countries of origin. Fran has also mentored refugees living in the UK via the charity Breaking Barriers, assisting refugees to find meaningful employment in the UK.
- Obtaining a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a high net worth individual whose personal and cultural circumstances were of an exceptional nature.
- Successfully engaging the available discretion of the Secretary of State and obtaining British citizenship for a client despite complex circumstances a previous refusal.
- Assisting with the preparation of an individual's claim for asylum on the basis of political persecution.
- Obtaining an EEA residence card for an individual in exceptional circumstances and on an expedited basis.
- Assisting with the preparation of an application for discretionary leave to remain in the UK on the basis of rights under the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Assisting with the reinstatement of an individual's British citizenship on the basis of false allegations of fraud.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya LLP
BPP Law School, GDL and LPC
University of Cambridge, Master's degree in modern and medieval languages