Tiffany Morgan is an Associate in the Commercial Litigation team.
Tiffany has experience acting on complex, high value, and often multijurisdictional, commercial disputes, with particular experience advising on high-profile professional negligence and contentious insolvency claims. She also has experience in shipping law matters, group actions, banking litigation and arbitration, involving a number of overseas jurisdictions such as Jersey, Hong Kong, BVI, Ukraine, Australia and the People's Republic of China.
Tiffany is involved in legal technology and litigation funding initiatives at the firm and, externally, is a member of the London Solicitor Litigation Association and Women Influence & Power in Law.
- Acting on a complex multijurisdictional insolvency dispute on behalf of over 100 bondholders to successfully cause $1.7bn of direct claims to be made against a PRC state-owned enterprise, after its administrators refused to recognise $1.7bn of offshore keepwell backed bonds in the company's $13bn restructuring. The effectiveness of keepwell deeds was for the first time being tested on this matter, posing major implications for offshore investment in the Chinese market.
- Acting for a major high street bank in its successful defence of a £100m claim from a high-net-worth property investor covering allegations of economic duress, intimidation and breach of contract, as well as the role of the Asset Protection Agency at the height of the 2008 financial crisis.
- Advising on two contractual shipping disputes for grain shipments from France to the UK, and from Ukraine to Egypt, incorporating the terms of GAFTA 48, 49 and 80, including with respect to arbitration under GAFTA 125.
- Advising a charterer on potential claims against a ship-owner for its breach of a charterparty for the shipment of iron ore pellets from Tasmania to China, and the merits of pursuing arbitration against the ship-owner under English law.
- Acting on a Serious Fraud Office investigation into the collapse of a FTSE 100 construction company.
- Arbitration experience acting on a private commercial arbitration in the Dubai International Finance Centre in respect of a breach of shareholder's agreement for an app-based food delivery company, and on an LCIA construction arbitration involving a Ukrainian state agency.
- Acting for major high street banks defending claims alleging breaches of the Equality Act 2010, and on matters relating to customer exits, including issues arising under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
- Breadth of experience in the legal technology sector, including in document automation, AI-integrated review platforms and cloud-based platforms.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
Paralegal, Carey Olsen Jersey LLP
King's College London, Bachelor of Laws (Hons)