Sinéad is a commercial litigator, specialising in Civil Fraud and Art Law disputes.
She acts for claimants and defendants, both corporates and individuals, in complex and high value commercial disputes, involving Norwich Pharmacal Orders, freezing injunctions and other interim orders.
Her cases are often of a cross-jurisdictional nature, involving allegations of breach of contract, conversion, misrepresentation, dishonest assistance, fraudulent trading, breach of trust and fiduciary duty, unlawful means conspiracy and unjust enrichment.
Sinéad is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association and the Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Acted for an individual subject to a worldwide freezing order and defending a highly contested Russian law claim for over £1bn.
- Acted for a global bank defending a claim for over £70m for alleged dishonest assistance and fraudulent trading in the context of an MTIC fraud in the emissions market in 2009.
- Acted for a global financial services company successfully seeking strike out of a Part 20 claim for indemnity or contribution.
- Acted for a US company in relation to various Norwich Pharmacal applications, successfully obtained.
- Acted for a multinational in relation to emergency injunctive relief against a Saudi Arabian company.
- Acted for an art collector in relation to certain authenticity disputes.
- Acted for a US entity in relation to an ownership dispute and advising on UK export controls and the Waverley criteria.
- Acted for a gallery in relation to a restitutionary award pursuant to the Washington Principles.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Pinsent Masons LLP
Trainee, Pinsent Masons LLP
Institute of Art and Law, Diploma in Art, Profession, Law and Ethics
College of Law, Legal Practice Course
College of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law
University of Oxford, BA (Hons) in English Language and Literature
Articles and Publications
- Co-authored 'A Costly Oversight: Exclusion Clauses' article in the Property Law Journal March 2014