Legal Director Nina O'Sullivan recently spoke with BBC technology expert Rory Cellan-Jones about his latest book, 'Always On: Hope and Fear in the Social Smartphone Era', as well as his time as a high-profile journalist at the BBC.
As part of the discussion, Rory explored:
- His 40-year journey at the BBC
- The dotcom bubble of the late 1990's to the rise of the Google and Facebook, from the Psion organiser to the iPad
- His first-hand experience of big gadgets and business stories
- The dramatic impact of hyperconnectivity, smartphone and social media era
- His personal experience with the technology and medicine since the COVID-19 outbreak