Our specialist team provides advice on how to structure financing to provide maximum security for the lender and maximum certainty for the borrower. We work with major banks and other leading property lenders, on a senior and mezzanine basis, as well as advising some of the industry’s highest profile investment and development borrowers.
We have engaged with a new wave of real estate investors and funders who are emerging as key players in the property market. Consequently, we are well versed in looking beyond the traditional areas of property finance and embracing new technology in an ever-changing banking market.
We are well placed to both protect our clients’ businesses and to help them to capitalise on the opportunities that are available. We are a key component of a client’s team and take an active role in every aspect of a property finance transaction, facilitating deals through the introduction of people, property and finance, and identifying practical commercial solutions to issues that come up along the way. We are experienced in all sectors of the property finance industry: commercial, residential, leisure and healthcare.
We have significant experience advising on multi-jurisdictional finance transactions. That experience, together with the Firm's established links with overseas practices, means we are able to identify and address the needs of our increasingly international client base. Our banking and finance offering is supported by strong corporate, funds, real estate, tax and regulatory offerings, resulting in a seamless client service.
Our Real Estate Finance Team advises financial institutions, private equity funds, hedge funds, institutional funds, developers and investors on all aspects of real estate finance transactions including:
- Bilateral, syndicated, club, structured, senior and mezzanine finance;
- Bridging finance;
- Debt restructurings and refinancings;
- Creation and implementation of property funds;
- Sale and leaseback structures;
- Security enforcements and receiverships;
- Advising Pricoa on a £181.5 million loan facility to Brookfield.
- Advising Investec on a £105.4 million loan facility to a Cain Hoy/ Galliard Homes joint venture.
- Advising Hermes Debt Fund on its financing of the Pantiles Shopping Centre, Kent.
- Advising Europa Capital Mezzanine on the mezzanine financing of over 100 rack rent and commercial ground rent properties.
- Advising Ho Bee Land on various facilities for financing and refinancing prime central London properties and portfolios, with an aggregate value of over £150 million.
- Advising Bank of Singapore on various facilities for financing and refinancing prime central London properties and portfolios, with an aggregate value of over £150 million.
- Advising Alony Hetz on a CFH200 million margin call facility with Citibank.
- Advising Minerva plc on the £325 million financing of the Walbrook Building in the City.
- Advising Ahli United Bank on various investment and development financings.
- Advising Helical Bar plc on over £100 million of development financing.
- Advising on financing transactions for various other investor/ developer clients including Almacantar, Chelsfield, Delancey, Manhattan Loft Corporation, O & H Properties, Structadene and Tropheum.