Joe is a non-lawyer Partner and the Head of MDR Cyber, the cybersecurity and investigations practice at Mishcon de Reya. Joe works across a varied practice of risk management issues from cyber incidents to investigations and asset tracing. His works with clients who need broad risk and crisis management expertise, leaning heavily on his experience as a cyber security specialist.
He has helped clients trace assets and people, as well as investigating frauds, confidential data theft and conducting due diligence. His experience ranges from crypto-currency tracing, asset recovery investigations or major cyber incidents, combined with deep technology and risk management skills. Joe oversees the firms services in Cyber Security, Incident Response and Digital Investigations, with a team of non-lawyer specialists ranging from investigators to forensic accountants and security consultants.
He has a wide range of expertise in cyber risk and security, data protection, and resilience, and first-hand experience with some of the UK’s largest cyber incidents. Joe is a specialist at the nexus of cyber-security issues and legal responses and is the Head Consultant for our NCSC accredited services.
Joe is part of the MdR cryptocurrency investigations and recovery service. He can provide expert advice on the issues surrounding financial cyber crime and cryptocurrency frauds.
- Managed response to nation-state related Exchange compromise for a major media-company.
- Led response to multiple financial frauds from Business E-mail Compromise (BEC) attacks.
- Multiple investigations involving insider attacks and financial crime.
- Definition of cyber security risk management approaches for UK and offshore law firm clients.
- Asset tracing for a major European bank in relation to Non-Performing Loans.
- Supporting the execution of a range of confidential data theft cases including search orders.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Head of Cyber, Mishcon de Reya LLP
University of Warwick, MBA
Royal Holloway, MSc Information Security
University of Wales, Aberystwyth, BSc (Hons) Computer Science
ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
ISACA Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
ISACA Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional
ISO27001 Lead Auditor
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
Chainalysis Reactor Certificate (CRC)