Marc Hanson is a Partner in the Construction Group and Co-Head of Non-Contentious Construction. He is a leading non-contentious lawyer with over 30 years’ experience covering domestic and international projects for a diverse range of clients including property developers, institutions, public authorities, funders and contractors. He specialises in procurement routes for complex construction projects and drafting and negotiating all forms of construction documentation.
Marc is ranked as tier 1 in Chambers and is a member of the Construction Hall of Fame in Legal 500. A representative for the British Property Federation on the council of the JCT, he is also a member and past chair of the City of London Law Society Construction Committee.
- Advised on a £4bn London retail development. In addition to providing over 1.5 million sq ft of retail space, the project included the construction of several bridges, embankments, tunnels and other civil infrastructure together with hotels, housing and commercial office space.
- Advised an international hotels group on the legal aspects of the procurement, design and construction of a mixed-use development comprising a luxury hotel and luxury apartments in central London.
- Advised on construction contracts relating to the £18 billion Crossrail project.
- Advising a leading tech / media company on the construction of their £1bn European HQ in the City of London.
- Advised on the complex redevelopment of 70 Piccadilly into a mixed-use development of up to 210,000 sq. ft. comprising a new hotel, office and prime retail space in the heart of Mayfair.
Parner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
Partner, CMS UK