Trade marks and related rights such as designs and domain names are prestige assets for any commercial enterprise. A responsible brand owner must sensibly secure all its registerable rights wherever relevant throughout the world, and police them tenaciously but cost effectively.
Keeping track of your registered rights requires a trade mark specialist who thoroughly understands your business, will monitor what is happening in respect of the brand in all key markets at all times and is capable of applying a sector specific approach anywhere in the world.
Why we are different
We pride ourselves on providing strategic, cost effective, punchy and brand specific advice.
All our work is carried out with "return on investment" as our driving force. We specialise in providing our clients with advice from the embryonic and conceptual stage of its branding through the nurturing stage of the brand and on to brand extension/expansion and into protection. Everywhere.
We provide strategic portfolio management with tailored reporting and advice for owners of some of the world’s most famous IP rights, as well as being fully committed to brand creation and expansion. We operate a four step process of worldwide investigation, filing, monitoring and enforcement, working in tandem with our IP litigation experts, to ensure your rights are fully protected and ready for commercial exploitation.
Our team has extensive experience working with clients in a diverse range of sectors, with different team members specialising in different sectors. The balance between trade mark attorneys and lawyers in the group enables us to assign the right expertise according to the nature of a matter and the forum in which it is taking place.
- Worldwide trade mark filing, prosecution and enforcement, providing a consistent international service
- Representing clients in trade mark and design matters and disputes, including applications, oppositions, invalidity and revocation actions
- Handling appeals to the Appointed Person, OHIM Boards of Appeal, High Court, Court of Appeal, the General Court and European Court of Justice (including direct advocacy services)
- Providing strategic commercially minded advice to brand aware clients to assist them in achieving their key business objectives
- Carrying out pre-filing trade mark searches to evaluate and manage the risk involved with launching a new brand or expanding an established brand into new territories or commercial fields
- Portfolio management supported by our dedicated formalities team and IPPO records system, providing our clients with on-line access to their key case information
- Specialist experience in relation to non-standard trade mark rights such as shape and colour marks and other aspects of trade dress
- Seamless IP dispute resolution, rights enforcement and anti-counterfeiting services, including litigation before the High Court and European Court of Justice
- Expert due diligence support for transactions with a trade mark element
- Acting for one of the world's most successful audit, tax and advisory organisations. Following its decision to embark on a worldwide rebrand, we deployed our full suite of IP advisory services including brand selection, availability searches, filing and prosecution of strategically selected trade mark applications throughout the world, advising our client in relation to third party actions (cancellation actions and infringement) and advice concerning ownership of its IP rights. We also provide continuous trade mark management services to ensure effective enforcement.
- Advising a premiere marketplace developer for trading physical coal and its financial derivatives. Due to the nature of our client's activities we are able to provide our client with a broad spectrum of trade mark services through our trade mark registration service and IP litigation service. Our teams conjoin to provide our client with a full trade mark registration, management and enforcement service.
- Providing our experience and expertise to clients in the service, retail and etail sectors in the marketplace; the current sectors in which we are involved (but are not limited to) are the music, film, media and entertainment sectors, the fashion sector and FMCG. Our trade mark portfolios and brand extensions include Pink, Kanye West, Jay Sean, Paula Abdul, Pharrell Williams, Justin Timberlake, Shakira and Bathing Ape.