Ryan Didcock is an Associate in the Property Litigation Team in the Real Estate department.
Ryan advises on disputes relating to a wide range of residential property disputes, including landlord and tenant issues (disrepair, breaches of covenant and possession), the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, mortgage actions, service charges, breaches of covenant, other common law trespass and nuisance claims and enforcement.
He is also a member of the Pyramus & Thisbe Club (party walls) and the Property Litigation Association.
- Extensive experience in residential possession claims at County Court and subsequent enforcement by writ or warrant.
- Successful claim for possession of residential premises on behalf of receiver, appealed to High Court (2019).
- Obtaining an injunction and damages (latter settled) in relation to a leak from adjoining premises causing loss of rental income (2018).
- Successfully defended appeal relating to the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 at Court of Appeal (2017) – Gray v Elite Town Management.
- Successful appeal to High Court against decision to allow Defendant's late amendment of their defence on the day of the hearing (2017).
- Successful defence of enforcement at Magistrates’ Court on basis of invalid service of a party wall award (2016).
- Successfully brining complex subsidence claim caused by tree roots on adjoining land owned by local authority in Technology & Construction Court (2015).
- Obtaining injunctive relief and damages claim under Party Wall etc. Act 1996 in the Technology & Construction Court, with an order for costs on the indemnity basis, and successfully defended subsequent appeal to both High Court and Court of Appeal (2014).
Associate, Mishon de Reya LLP
Assistant Solicitor, Child & Child
Trainee, Child & Child
Paralegal, Child & Child
University of Law, GDL, LPC (LLB)
University of Newcastle, English Literature, BA(Hons)