Polly is a Managing Associate in the Finance and Banking Disputes group, specialising in financial mis-selling claims, complex banking litigation and fraud claims. She also works on general commercial dispute resolution matters.
Polly has experience in disputes concerning rights and obligations under loan notes, acting for private equity funds in relation to disputed acquisitions and the mis-selling of interest rate hedging products. In addition, Polly has also worked on commercial real estate debt securitisations, structured finance and restructuring deals which has given her an in-depth understanding of the issues that can arise out of those transactions.
She is a member of the Fraud Women's Network, British Bankers' Association and Commercial Litigators' Forum.
- Acting on behalf of an entrepreneur in unfair prejudice proceedings against the directors of a tech start-up company.
- Advising a Spanish client and various individuals in respect of a dispute with a bank involving a joint venture that owns an oil field in Russia's Perm region.
- Acting on behalf of a family-run partnership in proceedings against a bank regarding the mis-selling of a regulated mortgage and interest rate hedging product.
- Acting for an accountant in relation to an ongoing high-profile investigation by the Financial Reporting Council (FRC).
- Part of the team advising Holmcroft Properties in respect of judicial review proceedings concerning the FCA Review of interest rate hedging products. Holmcroft's application for judicial review arose out of concerns held by Holmcroft that KPMG (as independent reviewer) and Barclays Bank PLC (the bank which sold the IRHPs to Holmcroft) had not given proper consideration to Holmcroft's claim for consequential losses. The team was nominated for Dispute Resolution Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2016 for its representation of Holmcroft.
- Part of the team advising (in relation to US litigation argued pursuant to English Law) and representing (High Court, Commercial Court) a major private equity firm (Terra Firma) regarding misrepresentations made by a US investment bank during the sale and financing of a high profile multi-billion pound takeover of a FTSE 100 company and the subsequent pre-pack administration of the acquired company.
- Acting for Spanish Public Company FCC SA in a dispute concerning rights and obligations under €450,000,000 unsecured convertible loan notes.
- Acting for a government in an ICC arbitration dispute concerning, among other things, a breach of contract and various elements of international law.
- Acting for a multinational company in an internal investigation of its UK operations concerning various whistle-blower allegations.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Assistant Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Paul Hastings (Europe) LLP
Trainee, Paul Hastings (Europe) LLP
College of Law, LLB (First Class Honours)
College of Law, GDL and LPC (Distinction)
University of Edinburgh, MA (Hons) History (First Class)
Articles and Publications
Options for those seeking to bring a mis-selling claim against a bank (Parmar and another v Barclays Bank Plc)" – LexisNexis Loan Ranger blog, published 18 June 2018