Nigel is a Partner in the Corporate department. He has over 25 years' experience advising clients on M&A including public takeovers (with extensive experience in competitive and hostile situations), stock exchange matters and equity capital markets transactions.
He is valued by his wide range of clients for providing commercial, pragmatic and sound business advice. He is widely viewed as a trusted adviser to the boards of many UK and international listed companies, financial institutions and investors.
Nigel was co-chair of cross border M&A and co-chair of public M&A at his prior firm, and he is viewed as one of the leading city lawyers for cross-border M&A transactions and UK takeovers. Nigel's practice spans a wide range of sectors including life sciences, betting and gaming, real estate, logistics, industrials and consumer businesses. He has advised on several global and UK "firsts."
- Advised on a £14bn public offer for Entain plc.
- Advised on a £3bn possible public offer for IWG plc.
- Advised on a £10bn public offer for Whitbread Group plc.
- Advised Marriott International Inc. on its public offer for Elegant Resorts plc.
- Advised Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc on numerous acquisitions and fundraisings.
- Advised Towers Watson on its $18bn merger of equals with Willis Group.
- Advised Amryt Pharmaceuticals plc on its acquisition of Aegerion out of chapter 11 and the associated relisting of the enlarged group on AIM.
- Advised Avnet on its £800m competitive offer for Premier Farnell plc.
- Advised GE Healthcare on numerous life sciences investments.
- Advised Terra Firma on the £900m sale of Odeon and UCI Cinemas.
- Advised UPS on its £650m acquisition of Marken, a provider of supply chain solutions to the life sciences industry.
- Advised on the London IPO of Forterra plc.
- Advised on a proposed £70bn public offer for AstraZeneca.
- Advised Kindred on its £200m public offer for 32 Red Limited.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Baker Botts
Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Southampton University, Law