Matt is an Associate in the Employment Department. He specialises in employment law and advises both employers and employees on contentious and non-contentious matters including appointments, terminations, unfair dismissal, TUPE, discrimination, whistleblowing, redundancies, restrictive covenants and day-to-day HR issues.
He advises on the drafting and negotiation of employment contracts and settlement agreements, has experience of Employment Tribunal litigation and has also advised on the employment aspects of corporate transactions, including share and business sales and IPOs.
Matt also has experience advising on complex bonus and commission arrangements.
He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
National courier company
Lead casehandler for well publicised employment/worker status and breach of ERA and WTR claims brought against our client
- Responsible for day to day case management;
- Advised on strategy planning and implementation during life cycle of claim, including settlement proposals;
Individual - C suite employee of Formula E Racing Company
Lead casehandler – breach of contract, unlawful deduction of wages and unfair dismissal claim.
- Advised from the outset on strategy regarding types of claim to bring, which court to raise the claim in and the use of Data Subject Access Requests;
- Preparing and obtaining documents through a DSAR requiring correspondence with the ICO;
- Conducting settlement discussion with Partner representing Respondents and securing substantial settlement.
Global advertising and Marketing Agency Group:
- Advising on large scale TUPE transfers both to third parties and to internal agencies including advising on the scope of those affected, FAQs and provision of relevant documents; and
- Advising on a number of different outsourcing and pitch tender agreements in respect of TUPE provisions.
Global Bike Retailer
- Advising on the European role out of their GDPR HR compliance project including:
- Amending their template employment contracts;
- Reviewing and amending all of their HR policies to ensure compliance; and
- Project managing the European advice in the 11 other jurisdictions in which they operate.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Osborne Clarke LLP
University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, BA Hons First Class - History