John is a Partner in the Real Estate department who has considerable expertise in advising on a wide variety of transactions in the commercial, residential and mixed-use property sectors.
His practice includes the acquisition and disposal of high-value investment properties, advising on commercial, student and residential led developments, as well as the property aspects of investment and development finance.
John acts for a range of clients including institutional investors, publicly quoted and private property companies, private investors, financial institutions as well as occupiers. An important part of John's practice includes advising on inward investment from Asia - particularly from mainland China and Hong Kong. He is used to working with a wide range of investors who are based in this region, from private individuals to one of the largest real estate companies in China and to providing clear, tailored and commercial advice to those investors, some of whom may be investing in the UK for the first time.
- Advising a leading property investment and development company on the sale of a multi-let office building in the City of London for a price in excess of £460m.
- Advising Net-a-Porter on its London HQ premises at Westfield London, above the shopping centre's luxury village.
- Advising Minerva on the letting of 287,000 sq ft of office space in The St Botolph Building, Houndsditch, London EC3 to Jardine Lloyd Thompson which represented the largest letting of completed office building in the City that year.
- Advising a group of investors led by the Matterhorn Palos Partnership and Brett Palos Investments on its £113.5 million acquisition of the 431,316 sq ft Kings Mall Shopping Centre in Hammersmith, London W6 from St Martins Property Investments Limited.
- Advising a joint venture company on the forward purchase of a substantial Central London residential development from The Crown Estate.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Assistant, Mishcon de Reya
Assistant, Paisner & Co (then Berwin Leighton Paisner)
Qualified, Druces & Attlee
Southampton University Law (Hons)