John is a Partner in the Real Estate department dealing with a wide variety of work in the commercial and mixed use property sectors.
His practice includes the acquisition and disposal of investment properties, advising on commercial, student and residential developments as well as the property aspects of investment and development finance. John also has considerable experience acting for commercial occupiers leasing space - whether it is a new London HQ or a unit on a retail park.
He acts for a range of clients including institutional investors, publicly quoted and private companies, property funds, private investors, financial institutions, retailers and other corporate occupiers.
- Advising a leading property investment and development company on the sale of a multi-let office building in the City of London for a price in excess of £460m.
- Advising Net-a-Porter on its London HQ premises at Westfield London, above the shopping centre's luxury village.
- Advising Minerva on the letting of 287,000 sq ft of office space in The St Botolph Building, Houndsditch, London EC3 to Jardine Lloyd Thompson which represented the largest letting of completed office building in the City that year.
- Advising a group of investors led by the Matterhorn Palos Partnership and Brett Palos Investments on its £113.5 million acquisition of the 431,316 sq ft Kings Mall Shopping Centre in Hammersmith, London W6 from St Martins Property Investments Limited.
- Advising a joint venture company on the forward purchase of a substantial Central London residential development from The Crown Estate.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Assistant, Mishcon de Reya
Assistant, Paisner & Co (then Berwin Leighton Paisner)
Qualified, Druces & Attlee
Southampton University Law (Hons)