Elizabeth specialises in civil fraud and commercial litigation, assisting in cases involving data theft, breach of fiduciary duty, multi-jurisdictional shareholder disputes, breach of confidence and breach of contract, some of which have resulted in: Search Orders; Freezing Orders; Delivery Up Orders; Restraining and Computer Imaging Injunctions; Third Party Disclosure Orders; and other asset recovery techniques.
Elizabeth also has experience in working on matters involving the Courts in the BVI and Nevis.
She is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA), Mishcon de Reya's representative for the Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association (JLSLA), a member of the firm's mentoring scheme and a volunteer for Pink Law. She is also part of the firm's cross-departmental Recruitment Services Group.
- Obtaining and executing a search order in proceedings on behalf of an international company against an ex-director, who misappropriated company monies and retained and misused the company's confidential information. The matter proceeded to trial on liability and the Defendants entered a number of counterclaims, most of which were defeated at trial. The judgment on liability can be found at  EWHC 1013 (QB) (Messtechnik and ano v Hartley and ano). The final agreed judgment in the matter found the ex-director liable for misappropriation in the sum of £250,000 and that the Defendants pay the Claimants' costs of the proceedings.
- Successfully represented a number of Russian corporations and individuals in a multi-jurisdictional (England, US, BVI and Nevis) US$500m claim by TNK-BP relating to the funding and finance of substantial real estate assets in Montenegro. Judgment was secured discharging a worldwide freezing injunction (and similar orders in the foreign jurisdictions) for material non-disclosure, and refusing jurisdiction on the basis that Russia is the proper forum (OJSC TNK-BP –v- Beppler & Jacobson Ltd & Others (2012 EWHC 3286(Ch)).
- Acting for an international bank in proceedings to recover over €2m in fraudulent cheques Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland v Pexxnet Ltd and others ( EWHC 1872).
- Acting for a multi-billion dollar company in a multi-jurisdictional shareholder dispute. Member of the team that issued a Norwich Pharmacal application in the English High Court to obtain disclosure from third parties. After completing the application, the team was instructed as lead Counsel for proceedings in Nevis mid-litigation as fraud and injunction specialists.
- Advising a client, with assets in excess of $1 billion, on the resilience of their asset structure to litigation.
- Acting for a major international telecommunications company based in the Middle East in bringing proceedings against its former directors for breach of fiduciary duties and misappropriating company funds.
- Acting on behalf of various companies including recruitment agencies, estate agents and others in bringing injunctive proceedings against former employees for the misappropriation of confidential information/property and the recovery thereof.
- Acting on behalf of a Charity who believed they had been defamed by a major newspaper. Experience with the Press Complaints Commission.
- Acting for small companies to recover monies due to a breach of contract.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
Paralegal, Mishcon de Reya
LLB, University of Birmingham
BA – History/Archaeology, McGill University