Elizabeth is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution department. She is an experienced commercial litigator with a specialisation in civil fraud and contentious insolvency, often as part of complex multi-jurisdictional disputes. Her matters often involve serious allegations of fraud or misconduct including diversion of business opportunities, secret commissions, bribery, conspiracy, data theft, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of confidence and/or breach of contract.
Elizabeth's work often involves injunctive relief, on both the Claimant and Defendant side, such as freezing and asset preservation orders; delivery-up orders; computer imaging orders; third Party disclosure orders; and other asset recovery techniques. Additionally, the complexity of the cases often involves an international element including a number of cases with a strong connection to the Middle East, Russia, Switzerland and the Caribbean
Elizabeth acts for clients that operate in a broad range of sectors as well as being retained by high net-worth individuals.
Elizabeth is a part of the firm's cross-departmental Recruitment Services Group.
- Acting for an UHNW client defending a claim for knowing receipt and dishonest assistance with parallel foreign criminal proceedings. Successfully obtained security for costs against a foreign state owned oil company.
- Acting for HNW defendants and their companies who were served with a worldwide freezing order in respect of a claim for secret commissions and diversion of profits which was successfully settled in the early stages of litigation namely prior to defences being filed.
- Assisting in acting for an UHNW individual in the defence of civil proceedings worth $380m, which resulted in the strike out of the claim and discharge of a worldwide freezing order at first instance.
- Acting for a company to remove the Chairman of an arbitral tribunal based on an appearance of bias via the English Court.
- Acting for a former director and company secretary in respect of a claim against them for approximately £50m for unpaid taxes and NI. As a result of the work undertaken by the team, the claim was eventually struck out on the basis that, having obtained an Unless Order in respect of disclosure, the claimants failed to comply with that order.
- Acting for an employer to secure and serve an order for the delivery-up of confidential information taken by a former employee and computer imaging of that employee's electronic devices.
- Advising a number of clients, including in the recruitment sector and estate agent industry, on claims against former employees and/or competitors for the theft of business sensitive confidential information, including customer data and financial information. These cases often include seeking search orders or delivery up orders to secure the return of this information and restraining injunctions to prevent any further misuse of it.
- Successfully obtaining Norwich Pharmacal relief against a number of banks in order to trace into the proceeds of a fraud and assets purchased with those proceeds.
- Advising a client, with assets in excess of $1 billion, on the resilience of their asset structure to litigation.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
Bachelor of Laws, University of Birmingham (U.K.)
Bachelor of Arts in History and Archaeology, McGill University (Canada)