Our multi-disciplinary Media and Entertainment group advises production, promotion, publishing and content owning companies, as well as celebrities, musicians, artists, designers and sports talent.
Our media and entertainment lawyers help our clients create, commercialise and protect their intellectual property, brand and reputation, ensuring they are not only protected against a breach, but also prepared for one and able to react immediately should one occur. We have extensive experience in offering ongoing brand management strategies and tactics.
We advise media and entertainment companies on a range of contracts, from significant acquisitions and commercial deals, to terms and conditions, sponsorship, agency and distribution agreements.
We also regularly advise social media networks in relation to their procedures, policies and safety features, and advise corporates and individuals on the responsible use of social media.
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Contracts
- Dispute Resolution
- Sports Law
- Family and Wealth Management
- Representing Sky on a range of trade mark protection and enforcement matters, including a wide-ranging dispute with an IT cloud-company trading in the UK and Europe under the name SkyKick.
- Advising DHX Media, a leading independent creator, producer, distributor and licensor of children's entertainment content, on its acquisition of Ragdoll Worldwide Ltd from BBC Worldwide for £17.4 million.
- Advising an international music corporation and publisher on the employment aspects of its multi-million pound acquisition of an international record label.
- Settled 18 civil claims as part of the phone hacking scandal, for breach of confidence, misuse of private information and harassment; a further 70 claims have been settled through the News International Compensation scheme.
- Worked with one of the largest social media networks in the world on a variety of IP matters including data protection, privacy issues and trade mark filing and prosecution.
- Acted for Matchroom on its draft rights acquisition agreement with Sky for the production, broadcast and distribution of the Saturday Fight Night and Prizefighter series for 2014-16.
- Represented Missguided on its agreement with Nicole Sherzinger for Ms Sherzinger to design and launch her own line of clothing and on product/brand based endorsement.
- Worked with a multi-national production company on its contractual arrangements with football clubs.
- Advised a start-up sports magazine, on its celebrity endorsement and magazine distribution arrangements.