Dean is a Partner in the Corporate department. His practice focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, sports-related mergers and acquisitions, and property-related corporate work - with the latter including deals in excess of £5 billion. Client companies come from a wide range of industries, most notably real estate agencies, technology companies and financial services entities, and include names such as CBRE, Comcast, Fusion Students, NICE and RoyaleLife.
Dean is a member of the firm's Sports law group and has been involved in a number of football-related transactions, including the acquisition of Bolton Wanderers FC, the acquisition of Leeds United on behalf of the Cellino family, and the sale of Leyton Orient FC on behalf of Matchroom Sports.
Before joining Mishcon de Reya, Dean spent over 15 years at US law firms in London. In view of his US connections and clients, he has been appointed Co-Regional Head of Mishcon de Reya's International Development Group for the US, responsible for developing and strengthening the firm's relationships with US law firms.
- Advising Hennick & Company of Canada on its strategic partnership with Foster + Partners, the award winning British architectural, design and engineering firm
- Advising Charlie Mullins on the sale of Pimlico Plumbers to Neighborly Inc., the world’s largest franchisor of home service brands
- Advising Fusion Students on numerous purpose built student accommodation transactions worth over £2bn, including a £1.5bn property joint venture with Cain International
- Advising Comcast on the acquisition of Masergy Inc.
- Acting for the Sports Shield consortium on its takeover of Bolton Wanderers Football Club
- Acting for Eleonora Sport Limited to buy a controlling stake in Leeds United Football Club
- Acting for Matchroom Sports Limited on the sale of 90% of shares in Leyton Orient Football Club Limited
- Advising CBRE, the world's leading commercial property and real estate services adviser, on numerous acquisitions and joint ventures in the UK and Europe
- Advising Stonehill Holdings on a development joint venture for the largest non-campus student residence in continental Europe
- Advising Colliers on numerous acquisitions of commercial real estate agents
- Advising the management of LINPAC Senior Holdings Limited on the £400m sale to The Klöckner Pentaplast Group
- Advising on the £245 million purchase of Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition and Conference Centres, two refinancings and its subsequent £400 million disposal
- Advising on the sale of Prestige Finance, the longest-established secured loan lender to OneSavings Bank PLC
- Advising Israeli listed company Frutarom Industries Limited on numerous acquisitions, including New Zealand based Taura Natural Ingredients for $70 million
- Advising the sole shareholder of five Luxembourg property companies on the acquisition of Kings Mall Shopping Centre
- Advising on the purchase, and on the subsequent sale, of the O2 Centre, London
- Advising Delancey on the disposal of the business and assets of the Grand Hotel, Jersey and Bailbrook House Hotel, Bath
- Advising on the creation and establishment of a new electronic market for the trading of Euro-denominated government bonds, whose 24 shareholders represented many of the world’s largest international banks and financial institutions
- Advising in relation to the €440 million acquisition of the CenterParcs Europe businesses
- Advising on a cross-border sale of a certification and inspection services company with over 80 subsidiaries and associated companies in more than 50 jurisdictions
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Managing Partner, Coudert Brothers
Partner, Coudert Brothers
Associate, Coudert Brothers
Associate, Nabarro Nathanson
Qualified, Nabarro Nathanson
Leicester University LLB (Hons)