Laura is a Partner in the Corporate Department. She is experienced in re-organisations and restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, private equity, joint ventures, and shareholders’ agreements and has acted for both public and private companies.
Her experience covers a variety of sectors including retail/wholesale, technology, sport, real estate and manufacturing. Her client base includes a broad range of businesses including entrepreneurs, family businesses and corporations.
- Advising Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc, a subsidiary of Sompo Holdings, on the sale of its specialist UK insurance subsidiary Sompo Canopius to private equity firm Centerbridge Partners for $952 million.
- Advising the Intertain Group Limited in relation to proposed acquisition of Jackpotjoy site and business partnership with Gamesys Limited.
- Advising on the management buy-out by the senior executive team of the specialist international telecoms recruiter Penta Consulting.
- Acted for the management team of Agencyport Software Europe Limited (Agencyport Europe) on the £64.1 million disposal to Xchanging plc.
- Advising Staffing 360 Solutions (UK) Limited, a subsidiary of Staffing 360 Solutions, Inc., on the acquisition of the business and assets of Poolia UK Limited as part of Staffing 360 Solutions' acquisition strategy, adding to its existing capability and operations in Europe.
- Acting for the shareholders of Initio International Holdings Limited ("Initio") on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Initio. Initio was purchased by US listed company Staffing 360 Solutions Inc. for a consideration in excess of US$15 million.
- Advising Scottish Equity Partners (the UK's leading growth equity and venture capital investor for innovative companies) and Business Growth Fund on their £20 million co-investment of growth capital in SkyDox Limited and the associated joining of forces with Workshare Limited.
- Acting for Russian supercar manufacturer, Marussia Motors, in its acquisition of a majority stake in the Virgin Formula 1 racing team (now Marussia F1 Team) from Lloyds Development Capital and in negotiating refinancing deals with LDC in respect of Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited which operates the Marussia F1 Team.
- Advising the owners/sellers of Beatthatquote.com Limited on their disposal to Google Inc. for a sum of $61.5 million.
- Acting for Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited in the purchase of the Formula One design, manufacture and supply function of WRT Technology Limited.
- Advising the sole shareholder of five Luxembourg property companies on the £113 million acquisition of Kings Mall Shopping Centre.
- Acting on the s110 demerger of a family property business which held assets of c£90m.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Salans LLP
Qualified, Beachcroft LLP
Southampton University LLB. (Hons)