Stephanie is an Associate in the Fraud Defence and Business Disputes group.
She is a commercial litigator with a specialisation in civil fraud, contentious insolvency, and complex multi-jurisdictional disputes. She acts for high net worth individuals, businesses and insolvency practitioners as claimants and defendants in complex commercial litigation, civil fraud matters, and crisis management.
Stephanie has particular experience of bringing and responding to freezing orders and proprietary injunctions, obtaining Norwich Pharmacal relief and dealing with asset disclosure and asset protection issues. She has worked on cases involving fraud, investigations, commercial and trust disputes, breach of fiduciary duties and matters involving misrepresentation.
Having trained at Mishcon de Reya, Stephanie also gained significant experience in the Contentious Trust and Will Disputes, Corporate Funds and Financial Services, Tax Litigation, and Family disputes teams, which she draws on in her current role.
Stephanie is a member of the Fraud Women's Network and Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Acting for the Administrators of London Capital & Finance PLC (assisting the Administrators in investigating the collapse of LCF in circumstances where it owes creditors in excess of £230mn)
- Acting for an UHNW client defending a claim for knowing receipt and dishonest assistance with parallel foreign criminal proceedings. Successfully obtained security for costs against a foreign state owned oil company.
- Acting for HNW defendants and their companies who were served with a worldwide freezing order in respect of a claim for secret commissions and diversion of profits which was successfully settled in the early stages of litigation, prior to defences being filed.
- Obtained a post-judgment freezing order for a Saudi prince in a high-profile shareholder dispute, which involved cross-unfair prejudice petitions and the assertion of sovereign immunity.
- Successfully obtained Norwich Pharmacal relief against a number of banks in order to trace into the proceeds of a fraud and assets purchased with those proceeds.
- Acted for an UHNW family in defending sham trust claims against trusts in multiple jurisdictions including Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Jersey.
- Assisted with obtaining a worldwide asset-freezing injunction against Sheikh Saud Al-Thani, a member of the royal family of Qatar and one of the world's most prolific collectors of art and antiquities in support of US proceedings and the subsequent recovery in full of the outstanding debt.
- Acted for a charity and family members to successfully recover assets from a substantial estate from which they had been disinherited. The dispute concerned issues of lack of capacity, want of knowledge and approval and undue influence.
- Defended an individual in an alleged jewellery theft and conspiracy claim.
- Negotiated a settlement with a bank on behalf of a charitable trust in connection with fraudulent transfers.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Paralegal, Mishcon de Reya
University College London, Ancient World