Miten is an Managing Associate in the Fraud Defence and Business Disputes Group.
He trained at Mishcon de Reya, and has significant experience acting for entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals and leaders across the firm. He acts for both claimants and defendants in litigation and civil fraud matters with multi-jurisdictional elements. He specialises in obtaining and defending a variety of High Court injunctions including: asset freezing orders, search orders, hardware imaging orders and passport delivery up orders.
Miten has worked on cases involving complex commercial disputes, breach of contract claims, breach of fiduciary and director's duties and matters involving misrepresentation. Many of these cases involved detailed asset tracing exercises and the analysis of documents using document review platforms.
He is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Acted for the Former Joint Administrators of the Force India Formula One Team in a multi-million pound claim
- Appointed as Supervising Solicitor to oversee and administer the execution of search and delivery up orders
- Represented a HNWI who was subject to a freezing order
- Acted for claimant retailer in a brand ambassador dispute against a high profile celebrity, including obtaining emergency injunctive relief and then successfully settling the claim within 10 days of our instruction.
- Obtained an asset freezing order, search order and passport delivery up order in circumstances where the defendant (our client's finance director) set up a competing business
- Defended a freezing order including reaching an agreement with the claimants regarding expenditure on monthly living expenses
- Acted for the Marussia Formula One team in a commercial dispute
- Obtained BVI freezing orders on behalf of a high net worth individual and served the foreign order in various jurisdictions including Mauritius and Cyprus
- Defended matters involving FCA investigations
- Acted for the administrators of the Caterham Formula One Team
- Commenced and dealt with complex and high value detailed assessment proceedings
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
General Management, Stanford Graduate School of Business, California
Legal Practice Course, College of Law, Bloomsbury
Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, Bloomsbury
BSc International Politics, City University, London