Jarret has been a Partner with the Firm since 1996. He is an expert in property fraud, specifically tracing and recovering assets, identifying targets, and satisfying compliance and professional standards. He has acted on both sides of the insurer/claimant divide for lenders, property investors and professional indemnity insurers. Textbook examples include: advice to a victim of ID theft on the loss of his investment property and the resulting compensation from the Land Registry; to an investor on the terms of their banking facilities from a lender; and to insurers on coverage issues when a professional's involvement in a property fraud was suspected. Other partners turn to Jarret for his expertise on money laundering and professional conduct.
- Acting for a victim of ID theft on the loss of his investment property, and successfully obtaining compensation from the Land Registry.
- Advising on the realisation of a lender of a portfolio and pursuing the valuers and solicitors for negligent advice.
- Advising an investor on the terms of their banking facilities and the steps taken by the lender.
- Advising a lender on compliance issues relating to money laundering and the Consumer Credit Act.
- Advising insurers on issues of coverage when a professionals' involvement in a property fraud was suspected.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Teacher Stern Selby
Partner, Bayer Rosin
Qualified, Bayer Rosin