Henry is a Dispute Resolution Partner in our Singapore office. He specialises in cross-border dispute resolution, including international commercial and investor-state arbitration, litigation, and investigations.
Henry also has considerable experience dealing with regulators throughout the Asia-Pacific.
Henry’s extensive experience includes representing multinational corporates, foreign investors, and governments in complex litigation and arbitrations under the SIAC, ICC, UNCITRAL and ICSID rules. His sector focus includes international trade, energy (renewable and conventional), resources, financial services, fraud, infrastructure, and construction.
A member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Henry has been ranked a "Rising Star” by The Legal 500 and a "Future Leader" by Who's Who Legal. He has been listed in The Legal 500 Private Practice Arbitration Powerlist: Southeast Asia since 2022. He is also ranked as a Recommended Lawyer for International Arbitration by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2023-2024, and Up and Coming Lawyer for Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, 2024 by Chambers Asia Pacific. In addition, he has been recognised for Arbitration and Mediation by the Best Lawyers in Singapore™ since 2023.
- Acting for Vietnam in its successful defence of an investment treaty arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules brought by a French company.
- Acting for an Australian investor in ICSID arbitration proceedings against Timor-Leste arising out of a fuel supply agreement.
- Acting for a global bank in a SIAC arbitration relating to its exposure under a high profile multi-billion dollar commodity financing fraud in China.
- Acting for a multinational insurer in several trade credit claims involving commodities frauds.
- Acting for a luxury hotel group in an UNCITRAL arbitration governed by Malaysian law concerning the development of a hotel and villa project.
- Acting for an Australian investment bank in a SIAC arbitration governed by Philippines law concerning the development of a solar energy project.
- Acting for a US company in a SIAC arbitration concerning the alleged failure of a part in a South Korean petrochemical plant.
- Acting for an Uzbek State-owned company in ICC arbitration proceedings governed by Singapore law concerning the installation of a telecommunications system along the Uzbek gas pipeline.
- Advising an FMCG multinational in an investigation by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission regarding cartel and other anti-competitive arrangements.
- Acting for an Australian company director in an investigation and subsequent Proceeds of Crime Act proceedings regarding a tax evasion and money laundering scheme.
- Acting for a multinational airline in Australian Federal Court class action proceedings brought against multiple international airlines in relation to alleged freight fuel surcharge cartel.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Legal Counsel – Dispute Resolution, QBE Insurance Group, Singapore
Senior Associate, Hogan Lovells, Singapore
Associate, Johnson Winter & Slattery, Sydney
The University of Sydney, Masters of Laws
The University of Adelaide, Bachelor of Laws
The University of Adelaide, Bachelor of International Relations
The University of Adelaide, Bachelor of Arts