Hannah is a commercial litigator who specialises in representing individuals and corporations in relation to serious allegations of fraud and misconduct. Hannah has particular expertise in advising in the context of business rescue and formal insolvency proceedings. Hannah has also built a successful practice in providing clear and practical advice on asset recovery and asset protection both for creditors and debtors.
Hannah frequently acts for directors particularly in relation to disqualification proceedings or allegations concerning delinquent business affairs - including claims for wrongful or fraudulent trading. Hannah also acts for insolvency practitioners, both pre and post-appointment, bankrupts and companies subject to debt recovery.
Hannah is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA), Fraud Women's Network (FWN) and Professional Women's Network.
Hannah’s successes include:
- Defending an UHNW individual in civil fraud proceedings worth $380m, resulting in a strike-out of the claim and discharge of a worldwide freezing order.
- Successfully represented three BVI-based companies responding to an ex parte freezing injunction in relation to assets worth over £8m, resulting in the injunction and underlying Insolvency Act proceedings being voluntarily withdrawn, and 95% of the clients' legal costs being paid by the other side.
- Acted for Topland and its directors in their defence of two sets of High Court proceedings concerning the central London building, First Avenue House. The proceedings were brought in 2010 by the previous owner, Standard Life, and the Government tenant, the Secretary of State for Justice. Both sets of proceeding were settled on confidential terms without admission of liability with confirmation that the Secretary of State for Justice and Topland will continue to work together to ensure that the building continues to meet the operational needs of the Courts and Tribunal Service.
- Representing a licensed insolvency practitioner in circumstances where serious allegations of misconduct were made by a creditor and where all allegations were subsequently dropped.
- Advising a high profile director in respect of disqualification proceedings and obtaining an order granting leave to continue to act as a director.
- Representing a high profile bankrupt in relation to intensive and intrusive investigation conducted by trustee.
- Defending administrators costs in proceedings brought by creditor and obtaining order that 100% of costs were recoverable from the estate.
- Advising broker in relation to disciplinary proceedings brought by employer and potential proceedings by FSA in relation to complex metal trades which had exposed employer to a potential loss of over £100 million.
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Qualified, Mishcon de Reya
College of Law, London, LPC
City University, London, CPE/Post-Graduate Diploma in Law