Eleanor is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Disputes team, in the Innovation department.
Eleanor advises on a range of IP issues, involving copyright, trade marks, passing off, patents, domain names, designs and confidential information. She has experience with contentious and non-contentious IP matters, across a range of sectors including pharmaceuticals, fashion, social media, online marketplaces, entertainment, and hospitality.
Eleanor holds Higher Rights of Audience in the Civil courts of England and Wales and an LLM in Intellectual Property Law, and is a member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), the Society for Junior Intellectual Property Practitioners (IPSoc), the British Literary & Artistic Copyright Association (BLACA) and the Careers in Ideas task force of IP Inclusive, promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity within the IP professions. She is also a contributor to the specialist blog IPKat and the Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, and a judge of the annual Oxford International IP Moot competition.
- High-profile and cross-border patent litigation in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Trade mark, copyright and passing off litigation in the courts of England and Wales.
- Advising on copyright assignment and licensing in the music industry.
- International trade mark portfolio management.
- Trial advocacy (exercise of Higher Rights of Audience).
Associate, Kirkland & Ellis International LLP
Trainee solicitor, Virtuoso Legal (Partnership) LLP
Litigation Paralegal, Carpmaels & Ransford LLP
Visiting Lecturer of Intellectual Property Law, Kings College London
Research Assistant, Law Commission of England and Wales
University of Edinburgh, LLM in Intellectual Property Law
University of Oxford, Law (BA Jurisprudence) LLB
Articles and Publications
- ‘Unjustified Threats in the Online Space’ – chapter in ‘Developments and Directions in Intellectual Property Law’ Dr H. Bosher and Dr E. Rosati (eds) Oxford University Press (Forthcoming)
- ‘Cheesed Off - T-282/19, Foundation for the Protection of the Traditional Cheese of Cyprus named Halloumi v EUIPO’ - Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys Review 2021
- ‘IP as Security for Finance', presentation at Mosaic IP Law and Policy Conference 2020, Benjamin Liu Memorial Scholar
- ‘A Beginner’s Guide to FRAND’ – Lexology 2020
- ‘Obviousness—patent for traffic sign must give way’ (Adolf Nissen Elektrobau v Horizont)’ – Lexis PSL 2019
- 'Protecting pharma patent rights and the difficulties of establishing the tort of unlawful interference’ – Lexology 2019
- ‘The Ethics of “Victimless” IP Infringement’, presentation at Socio-Legal Studies Association annual conference 2018
- ‘‘Turn and Face the Strange’: How Changes in Commercial Circumstances Determined the Outcomes in Scandecor and Starbucks (HK)’ Neil J. Wilkof and Eleanor G. Wilson, Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Volume 13, Issue 1, 1 January 2018