Anne is an Associate in the Commercial team. She has experience in advising on data and privacy issues and a wide range of IT and commercial contracts including IP licences and assignments, franchising, agency, distribution agreements and sponsorship agreements. Her clients extend across a number of sectors, with a focus on technology, sport, media and retail.
Anne is recommended for both franchising and sport in Legal 500. She is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and holds a CIPP/E certification. She also has an interest in the use of blockchain and artificial intelligence, and has a diploma in Fintech from the Säid Business School, University of Oxford.
She has appeared on the expert judging panel of a number of retail tech start-ups at Retail Week Live and has lectured at the London College of Fashion. In a previous role, she completed a secondment with Debenhams.
- Advised a plc specialising in the provision of communications solutions in respect of its data protection obligations.
- Represented a global multi-channel retailer on a number of its commercial and technology contracts.
- Acted for a governing body and organiser of the two major European rugby union club tournaments on the auctioning of sports media rights across multiple platforms.
- Advised a multiplatform television service on its carriage agreements and digital platform promotion obligations.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Simons Muirhead & Burton LLP
Trainee, Reed Smith LLP
University of Bristol, Classics
Articles and Publications
- Incorporating e-commerce into your franchise system (Retail & Leisure International) May 2017
- Diving into the EC’s draft ePrivacy Regulation: steps for online gambling operators (Online Gambling Lawyer) March 2017