Annabel is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department. She is an experienced litigator with a strong background in all aspects of civil fraud including asset tracing and injunctive relief; competition law; partnership disputes; shareholder disputes; and regulatory/disciplinary litigation. Annabel's practice covers litigation in the high court, as well as arbitral proceedings.
Her clients include UK and overseas-based high net worth individuals and corporates from a range of sectors including media; finance; real estate; IT; manufacturing; and retail. She is experienced in both defending and bringing claims, often involving a number of jurisdictions.
Annabel is a regular speaker on litigation, including at the Annual Bar and Young Bar Conference 2017, the Institute of Barristers' Clerks Annual Conference 2014, the Chancery Bar Conference 2014, CDR Conference 2013, and the IBC Financial Institutions Litigation Conferences 2012 and 2013.
She is a member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers, the Financial Services Lawyers Association, London Solicitors Litigation Association and Arbitral Women.
- Acted for claimant retailer in a brand ambassador dispute against a high profile celebrity, including obtaining emergency injunctive relief and then successfully settling the claim within 10 days of our instruction.
- Defending an UHNW individual in civil fraud proceedings worth $380m, resulting in a strike-out of the claim and discharge of a worldwide freezing order.
- Successfully represented three BVI-based companies responding to an ex parte freezing injunction in relation to assets worth over £8m, resulting in the injunction and underlying Insolvency Act proceedings being voluntarily withdrawn, and 95% of the clients' legal costs being paid by the other side.
- Successfully defended a company at trial in the Mercantile Court against allegations of fraudulent misrepresentation and deceit.
- Acted for a Cypriot trust company in relation to LCIA proceedings, including successfully overturning a worldwide freezing order obtained ex parte, and obtaining indemnity costs.
- Acted for a high net worth family in relation to proceedings in the UK, Cayman and Switzerland, including overturning via judicial review a search and seizure order obtained by the Metropolitan Police and obtaining indemnity costs from the Police, and dealing with asset seizure proceedings.
- Acted for company against the FCA in relation to an alleged unauthorised collective investment scheme and illegal deposit taking – successfully settled without any penalties being imposed on the company.
- Acted for private investigators in relation to claims by the subject of an investigation under the Data Protection Act – successfully settled.
- Acted for high net worth family based in the Middle East in relation to cross-border civil fraud proceedings and extradition proceedings.
- Acted for high net worth individual in relation to concurrent freezing orders against him in various jurisdictions.
- Acted for insurers in relation to a fraudulent death in service claim, and in relation to fraudulent property damage claims.
- Advised a media company in relation to reputational issues arising out of allegations of criminal conduct against a consultant.
- Acted for a claimant company in relation to LCIA proceedings arising out of construction project in Africa.
- Acted for claimant government bodies in relation to civil claims for price-fixing – successfully settled.
- Acted for defendant IT company in relation to claims for price-fixing and abuse of dominant position.
- Acted for a shareholder in relation to an unfair prejudice petition arising out of mis-stated accounts – successfully settled.
- Acted for bankers in relation to concurrent FCA and SEC investigations.
- Acted for companies and charities in relation to defamatory comments published online.
- Acted for government bodies in relation to a vexatious litigant, successfully applying for an extended civil restraint order.
- PJSC Tatneft v Bogolyubov & Ors  EWHC 2499 (Comm)
- PJSC Tatneft v Bogolyubov & Ors  EWCA 1581
- PJSC Tatneft v. Bogolyubov & Ors  EWHC 2816 (Comm)
- Parish & Anor v. Danwood Group Limited  EWHC 940 QB
- Berezovsky v. Abramovich  EWHC 647 (Comm)
- Berezovsky v. Abramovich  EWHC 2044 (Ch)
- Ackerman v. Ackerman  EWCA Civ 768
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Enyo Law LLP
Managing Associate, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
Associate, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
Associate, Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP
Associate, Herbert Smith
Trainee, Herbert Smith
Worcester College: Oxford, BA Hons (Modern History)