Chuan How is a Managing Associate in the Singapore office.
He has experience of advising international commercial and institutional lenders and corporate borrowers in a wide range of cross border banking and financing transactions, including project financing, syndicated and structured financing, capital expenditure financing, debt capital market transactions, aircraft financing etc.
Chuan How also has experience in advising on energy and infrastructure project development and finance matters.
- Acted as local counsel for Japanese lenders in relation to a USD135 million financing granted to a Cambodian listed commercial bank, for the purpose of on-lending to the agriculture sector in Cambodia.
- Assisted a Bangkok-based multinational conglomerate in its acquisition and a USD36 million facility with respect to the development of a 30MW solar project in Banteay Meanchey Province, Cambodia.
- Assisted the joint lead managers in relation to a USD 350 million bond issuance by the operator of Cambodia’s NagaWorld casino and hotel complex.
- Advised Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility (CGIF), a trust fund of the Asian Development Bank in relation to its first and second guaranteed bonds in Cambodia.
- Advised Asian Development Bank on its collaboration with Electricité Du Cambodge in developing a 100MW national solar park program in Cambodia.
- Assisted Malaysian national electric utility company in issuing approximately RM4 billion sukuk through their SPV (in partnership with SIPP Energy Sdn Bhd.), Southern Power Generation Sdn Bhd to finance the construction of a 1,440 megawatt (MW) combined cycle power plant project and associated facilities, to be located at Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia.
- Assisted a wholly owned subsidiary of Tenaga Nasional Berhad, in the project financing for the construction and development of its first large scale solar plant in Malaysia.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Consultant, Co-Head of Banking & Finance Practice Group, DFDL Cambodia
Senior Associate, Zaid Ibrahim & Co.
University of Sheffield, LLB