Stefania is a commercial litigator specialising in sports disputes. She advises on a broad range of commercial disputes and regulatory matters involving governing bodies, clubs and individual athletes (often in conjunction with their agents).
Stefania is a member of the HR, Legal & Compliance Subcommittee of England Boxing (the national governing body for Olympic and amateur boxing). She advises the board of directors on a wide range of issues, including disciplinary matters, safeguarding and policy and procedure creation.
Stefania also advises on intellectual property disputes involving trade marks and passing off. She acts for a wide range of clients across the fashion, technology and sports sectors.
Fluent in both Spanish and Italian, she is also a member of the Women's Sport Network, Women in Football and the British Association of Sport and Law (BASL).
- Acted for David Cardoza, the former chairman of Northampton Town Football Club, defending a claim for breach of fiduciary duty and entering a transaction defrauding creditors. Successfully defended the claimant's summary judgment application: Northampton Borough Council v Cardoza and others  EWHC 504 (Ch)
- Advising well known foreign footballers on reputation issues where Spanish or Italian is their first language
- Representing a Spanish La Liga club in respect of solidarity claims
- Providing football due diligence advice to a prospective purchaser of a large Premier League football club.
- Acting for the owner of a Premier League club in relation to his approval by the Football Association in accordance with the Owners’ and Directors’ Test Regulations.
- Acting for a League 1 Club in relation to the dismissal of a senior member of staff for gross misconduct.
- Acting for a League 2 Club in a Rule K arbitration with an intermediary who wrongfully received monies from the club for services which he did not perform.
- Acting for a Premier League club in a substantial contractual claim before FIFA's Players' Status Committee in relation to the transfer of a player.
- Acting for a Scottish Premiership club in respect of regulatory action brought by the Scottish Football Association.
- Acting for a Premier League club in a Rule X Arbitration in relation to a contractual dispute concerning the non-payment of a transfer related fee.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Account Manager, Bloomberg LP
Research Analyst, Chartis (Formerly AIG), New York
King's College London, Hispanic Studies with English
BPP, Graduate Diploma in Law
College of Law, Legal Practice Course