Paul is an Associate in the International Arbitration team. He has experience dealing with a wide range of disputes covering, for example, the energy sector and financial services industry under the LCIA, ICC and SIAC Rules as well as in High Court proceedings.
In addition to practising in London, Paul spent three years in Singapore where he gained a global perspective of cross-border disputes.
- Acting in a $1 billion + ICC arbitration in relation to oil and gas assets
- Acting for an Australian investment bank against a Dutch fund in a SIAC arbitration relating to a solar energy plant in the Philippines.
- Acting for a leading Singaporean private equity company against a global insurance company based in the UK in a SIAC arbitration conducted under the Expedited Procedure.
- Acting for two high net-worth individuals in defence of £500 million fraud proceedings in the High Court.
- Acting for a financial services firm in defence of a dishonest assistance claim in multi-party fraud proceedings.
- Acting for an international financial institution in multi-billion dollar fraud proceedings against its former senior management and associated individuals and entities.
- Advising a major Australian investment bank on its dispute resolution options following the non-allocation of a license to one of its investments by a Southeast Asian state-owned enterprise.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Enyo Law LLP
Associate, Hogan Lovells
Trainee, Hogan Lovells Lee & Lee
University of Law, LPC
Kings College London, MA International Peace & Security
Dublin City University, BA International Relations
Articles and Publications
- "Don't be a stranger: the benefits of investor-state arbitration to the tech sector", Lexology, published 28 February 2022
- "Compliance Considerations For Post-Pandemic Hybrid Working Models", Corporate LiveWire, published 14 September 2021