Kate is an Associate in the Employment department. She advises employers and employees on all contentious and non-contentious employment law issues and has handled claims in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court.
Kate has represented clients in applications for injunctive relief concerning breach of post-termination restrictions as well as various matters involving allegations of breach of contract, misuse of confidential information, unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
She also advises on the drafting and negotiation of consultancy and employment contracts as well as settlement agreements and the employment aspects of corporate transactions including TUPE and post-acquisition restructures.
Kate is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and Industrial Law Society.
- Providing employment advice to VPS, a portfolio company of PAI Partners, on the acquisition of Evander Glazing & Locks, the nationwide 24/7 emergency response and repair provider of glazing and locks.
- Advising various senior individuals on negotiated exits and settlement agreements.
- Advising a global software supplier in a successful application for injunctive relief in the High Court following the departure of an employee to work for a competitor in breach of a restrictive covenant.
- Providing UK employment advice and project managing overseas advice in relation to the global restructuring plans of a major pharmaceutical company.
- Assisting a European asset manager to draft and implement new contracts of employment for employees at its London branch.
- Advising a manufacturing group about its obligations in respect of pension promises made to UK employees.
- Handling various claims of unfair dismissal and discrimination in the Employment Tribunal.
- Providing day-to-day HR advisory advice to employers on all aspects of human resources issues, including a period spent on secondment advising in-house.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Dechert LLP
Trainee, Dechert LLP (Qualified 2011)
BPP Law School
The University of Nottingham, B.A. (Hons), Law with European Law