Jessica is a member of the litigation team. She has a focus on insolvency and commercial disputes across a wide range of sectors and clients.
She acts for insolvency practitioners in relation to their appointment as office holders, and in particular in the pursuit of directors of insolvent companies in respect of antecedent transactions and misfeasance. She advises (non bank) lenders in respect of security positions and options in the face of defaulting creditors.
Outside of insolvency, Jessica advises clients on a wide range of disputes, such as shareholder and partnership disputes including unfair prejudice, claims against directors for breach of duties, wrongful termination of contracts and enforcing restrictive covenants. She acts for large multinationals, fast growth early-stage companies (particularly in the technology sector) and shareholders and directors.
Jessica has been recognised as a Rising Star in Legal 500 in both the commercial litigation and the insolvency practice areas, and as an Associate to Watch by Chambers and Partners.
- Providing advice to administrators of a charity on a complex security position and the resulting waterfall in circumstances where a charge had erroneously been recorded as satisfied at Companies House some time prior to the charity's insolvency.
- Acting for liquidators in respect of a claim against former directors of a group of insolvent companies in a claim relating to transactions at an undervalue and preferences in breach of their duties as directors.
- Acting for two individuals in proceedings where a former employer had taken out a pension policy in their name and sought the return of the proceeds of that policy.
- Providing advice to clients in the complex proceedings brought against hundreds of defendants by the Danish tax authority (SKAT) as a result of the alleged frauds committed by Sanjay Shah and his network of companies.
- Acting for a client in complex international arbitration proceedings in respect of the alleged wrongful termination of a distribution agreement, successfully settling the claim just prior to the final hearing.
Senior Counsel, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Counsel, Taylor Vinters
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters
Freelance Consultant, engaged by Dentons and by Stephenson Harwood
Senior Associate, Dentons
Oxford Institute of Legal practice, LPC
Mansfield College, Oxford University, Jurisprudence