Jarret is a Partner and Compliance Counsel. He has been a Partner at Mishcon de Reya since 1996.
A Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and A Data Protection Office (DPO), Jarret is a regulatory expert adept at satisfying compliance and professional standards. He oversees any regulatory developments that may affect the firm, ensuring Mishcon de Reya is meeting its Solicitors Regulation Authority obligations and acting in line with its code of conduct, whilst maintaining a commercial outlook.
He works closely with the firm's Best Practice Partner to develop and ensure best practice, delivering firm wide 'non-negotiables' training on a range of regulatory issues. Other partners frequently turn to Jarret for his expertise on anti-money laundering and professional conduct.
Jarret's experience is built on years of acting on both sides of the insurer/claimant divide for lenders, property investors and professional indemnity insurers.
- Acting for a victim of ID theft on the loss of his investment property, and successfully obtaining compensation from the Land Registry.
- Advising on the realisation of a lender of a portfolio and pursuing the valuers and solicitors for negligent advice.
- Advising an investor on the terms of their banking facilities and the steps taken by the lender.
- Advising a lender on compliance issues relating to money laundering and the Consumer Credit Act.
- Advising insurers on issues of coverage when a professionals' involvement in a property fraud was suspected.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Teacher Stern Selby
Partner, Bayer Rosin
Qualified, Bayer Rosin