James is an Associate (Barrister) in the Family department. He has considerable experience of acting in an advisory role, in seeking to achieve an amicable resolution outside of contested proceedings and of representing his clients throughout any contested proceedings.
He joined the department after practising at the independent Bar for more than 5 years. He regularly advises clients in high value and complex international financial disputes and has expertise in matters of divorce and civil partnership dissolution, cohabitation and nuptial agreements.
James also provides representation in private children matters, including those involving international abduction, applications for leave to remove and jurisdictional disputes. He has a keen interest, and a developing practice, in matters connected to cryptocurrencies and other digital assets.
James is a member of the Family Law Bar Association and was recognised in the Legal 500 in 2020 and 2021.
- Financial remedy proceedings, including high value and complex matters.
- Private children matters, including international abduction, jurisdictional disputes and relocation cases.
- Advising and representing clients in cases involving crypto-assets.
- Applications for injunctive relief, including asset freezing injunctions and protective orders (such as non-molestation and occupation orders).
- Divorce, dissolution and cohabitation claims including those brought under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA).
Associate (Barrister), Mishcon de Reya LLP
Barrister, Self-employed (3PB)
Barrister, Self-employed (Northampton Chambers)
Consultant, McCue & Partners LLP
Paralegal, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP
Solicitor's Agent, LPC Law Ltd.
The College of Law, Bar Professional Training Course
University College London, LLM – Masters in International Law
London Metropolitan University, LLB - Law