Emma is a Managing Associate in the Innovation department, working exclusively with charity and social venture clients.
She advises purpose-driven clients on a broad range of commercial and strategic projects, including governance, fundraising, risk management, and contract management processes. Her clients include organisations across the third sector from international NGOs and national charities to innovative social start-ups and spin-outs. Emma has extensive experience in developing purpose-led legal structures for social ventures and providing guidance on the implications of such models for internal governance and funding relationships. She also works with higher education institutions and technology transfer offices on commercialisation opportunities for Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts research, among other fields.
Emma is a member of the Charity Law Association and sits on its Working Party on charitable Articles of Association, helping to create best-practice models for the sector. She is also a mentor for the School for Social Entrepreneurs and an Expert-in-Residence with Imperial College London's Enterprise Lab.
- Advising an international environmental thinktank in reviewing and implementing governance updates across its corporate group, managing various stakeholder relationships across the company, constitutional changes and introducing broader delegated structures with appropriate terms and remits.
- Acting for Play Included CIC, an innovative social venture officially endorsed by the Lego Group for their development and delivery of Lego-based therapy to support the social and emotional wellbeing for neurodivergent children, on its international expansion including licencing arrangements, funding agreements and operational policies.
- Advising the Royal Entomological Society on its commercial fundraising agreements and sponsorship opportunities, as well as preparation of all supporting governance policies. Also advising on the Society's publishing contracts and editorial services.
- Undertaking a governance review of the constitutional arrangements for the GSR Foundation, charitable foundation of US-based digital currency asset manager, GSR, including advice on cross-border intra-group commercial services.
- Advising a leading scientific society on the successful commercialisation and spin out of their academic assessment, including considerations on governance and charitable investments, development and ownership of Intellectual Property and international licencing arrangements.
- Delivering in-house contracts and charity fundraising training to a national cancer charity and preparing template fundraising contracts, including commercial participator and "Charity of the Year" arrangements.
- Working with a Russell Group university on the development of a bespoke suite of constitutional documents for the spin-out of socially-motivated businesses.
- Leading on the incorporation and transfer process for the charitable foundation of the UK's largest student accommodation provider.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Trainee, Taylor Vinters LLP
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School (Leeds)
University of Exeter, LLB (Hons)