Deepa is an Associate in the International Arbitration Group.
Her practice focuses on public international law, investor-state and commercial arbitration. She has been involved in arbitrations under the ICSID, UNCITRAL, ICC and LCIA Rules, seated in both common and civil law jurisdictions. Her practice covers a wide range of industries such as mining, technology, energy and construction.
Previously, Deepa was an Assistant Legal Counsel at the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague. At the PCA, she worked on investor-state claims under bilateral investment treaties and inter-state disputes pursuant to Annex VII of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
Deepa is a mentor for the start ups taking part in MDR LAB.
- Acting for BSGR, an international mining company, in an ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Guinea and parallel LCIA proceedings against a Brazilian mining company.
- Acting for RSM, a US oil and petroleum company, in ICSID annulment proceedings against the Republic of Saint Lucia in relation to the expropriation of a concession for off shore exploration and exploitation.
- Acting for a multinational technology company, in two related ICC arbitrations regarding competition and antitrust law, against two major electronic companies.
- Represented a leading global automobile manufacturer in an ICC arbitration involving claims related to a share purchase agreement.
- Represented a Middle Eastern government in an LCIA arbitration regarding an international energy company’s obligation to develop oil fields and market petroleum.
- Represented an airline seat manufacturer in a dispute in the English High Court with a national carrier in South-East Asia.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, WilmerHale, London
Assistant Legal Counsel (Full scholarship, PCA Educational Assistance Fund 2012), Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Hague
Pupillage, 10 Old Square
Internship, Group Intellectual Property, Adidas Group, Amsterdam
University of Leiden, Advanced LLM in European and International Business Law
BPP Law School, Bar Vocational Course
University of Buckingham, LLB Law with Economics, first class