Bart is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Disputes team.
He advises clients on disputes concerning the full range of IP rights including patents, copyright, trade marks, designs, trade secrets and confidential information.
He has also acted successfully for parties in domain name disputes, including cases of cyber squatting, arbitrated by the World Intellectual Property Organisation in respect of both gTLDs (e.g. .com, .net etc) and ccTLDs (e.g. .uk, .fr etc).
He advises clients in a variety of sectors but particularly those in the technology, energy and retail sectors.
He completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice at the University of Oxford in June 2020.
- Managing trade mark enforcement action for a trade association in the UK against a variety of business infringing the trade mark of its member companies.
- Acting for the claimant in a High Court trade mark dispute in the Shorter Trials Scheme.
- Advising on copyright infringement action relating to a song by a popular foreign artist featured in a film without a licence.
- Acting in a contractual and trade mark dispute concerning the sale of 'grey market' goods.
- Acting for the claimant in a High Court breach of confidence action.
- Acted for the defendant in a High Court patent infringement action concerning a mechanical patent. The dispute centred around whether the client's variant infringed the patent under the doctrine of equivalents.
- Acted for a membership body enforcing the trade mark rights of its members online. Involved taking a wide array of online IP enforcement action involving hosts, registrars and Trading Standards.
- Managed the national trade mark enforcement programme for an international household white goods manufacturer for several years.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mills & Reeve LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Walker Morris LLP
University of Oxford, Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice
Sheffield Hallam University, LLB Law (Hons)