Anaar Patel is an Associate in the Intellectual Property department.
Anaar advises on all aspects of intellectual property and specialises in the protection and enforcement of registered and unregistered trademarks, designs, copyright, patents and domain names. She acts for a wide range of clients including those in the retail, technology, pharmaceutical, fashion, luxury, FMCG, food and beverage and banking sectors.
At her previous firm, she also worked on non-contentious matters, including multijurisdictional trade mark clearance and prosecution and transactional IP matters.
- Acted for a global online retailer before the Court of Appeal in relation to trade mark infringement proceedings concerning its online search function, and subsequent High Court proceeding relating to the settlement of the appeal.
- Advised a leading multinational fashion and consumer goods company on trade mark, design and copyright enforcement matters strategy.
- Acted for a global pharmaceutical company in a $100 million High Court claim against a supplier for economic duress, breach of contract, tort of intimidation and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Advised a leading UK bank on trade mark and domain name acquisition strategy in relation to new products.
- Advised a multinational FMCG organisation in relation to a trade mark infringement claim brought by a UK heritage brand.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Hogan Lovells International LLP
Trainee, Hogan Lovells International LLP
University of Oxford, Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice
BPP University, Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
BPP University, Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction)
University of Oxford, Geography, MA (Oxon)