Alex is an Associate in the Competition, Regulatory and Trade Group.
He has experience advising clients in relation to EU and UK competition law, as well as providing regulatory advice across multiple industry sectors.
Alex has particular experience advising in relation to EU and UK merger control, cartel investigations and vertical distribution systems for clients spanning a broad range of sectors including technology, luxury goods, online retail, financial services, insurance, automotive, construction and transport.
Prior to joining Mishcon de Reya, Alex was a member of the Competition department at Slaughter and May.
- Advising Michael Kors on its acquisition of Jimmy Choo
- Advising Marsh & McLennan Companies on its acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group
- Advising two major Japanese corporates on the establishment of a joint venture in the electric vehicle battery sector
- Advising Salesforce on its acquisition of Tableau
- Advising a major manufacturing company in relation to a European Commission investigation into alleged anti-competitive behaviour
- Advising an interested third party in connection with the European Commission investigation into ethanol benchmarking
- Advising a client in relation to a customer complaint containing allegations of abuse of dominance and hub and spoke anti-competitive agreement
- Advising a major retailer in relation to franchisee complaints regarding pricing restrictions
- Advising a major retailer on updating its European distribution model to ensure compliance with relevant competition law (with a strong focus on its e-commerce strategy) and the EU Geo-blocking Regulation
- Advising a global helicopter services client on the regulatory aspects of the re-organisation of its European division
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Slaughter and May
Trainee Solicitor, Slaughter and May
BPP University Law School, Accelerated Legal Practice Course
University of Oxford, Jurisprudence