Will is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department. He specialises in high-value, complex and cross-border commercial disputes with a focus on insurance coverage. He has significant experience of acting for policyholders against insurers.
Will is often involved in cases where insurers have declined coverage for payable claims and has recovered sums due to policyholders across a wide range of business sectors and product lines including property damage, business interruption, political risk, D&O, cyber, professional indemnity and product and general liability policies.
He also acts in commercial disputes involving fraud, obtaining and defending freezing injunctions, share purchase agreement claims and shareholder disputes, and has considerable experience in litigating professional indemnity disputes - particularly claims against solicitors, architects and financial advisers. Will has acted on international arbitrations under the LCIA and SCIA rules.
Will is a member of BILA and AIRMIC.
- Acting on a £500m+ political risk claim involving the expropriation of a utilities network in South America.
- Cheval Roc v Zurich plc, Commercial Court, ongoing.
- Acting for the policyholder in a high-value claim against a property damage policy.
- Acting in an arbitration under the SCIA rules between a client and former solicitors involving breach of contract and professional negligence claims, involving issues of Californian, Swiss and French law.
- Paralel Routs v Fedotov, Business & Property Court, 2017-2018. Acting for Mr Fedotov in this breach of contract dispute involving issues of Russian law, defending a freezing injunction. Related proceedings in Russia.
- Reignwood Group v Ni, Commercial Court, 2017-2018. Acting for the Reignwood Group in this joint venture dispute governed (in part) by Chinese law. Related proceedings in Luxembourg and the US.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, DWF LLP
Trainee, DWF LLP
University of Edinburgh, Philosophy & Economics MA Hons (1st)
BBP, GDL (Distinction); LPC (Distinction)