Simon is a Managing Associate in the Innovation Department with expertise in the resolution of a wide range of commercial disputes including breach of contract, breach of warranty, insurance claims and company law issues. Simon is a specialist in matters relating to fraud and theft of confidential information, with considerable experience in the High Court including cases involving injunctive work - e.g. search, freezing, delivery up and disclosure orders -and asset tracing. He also advises companies and individuals in relation to shareholder and boardroom disputes.
He is a member of the firm’s Betting & Gaming group and advises both companies and individuals on all regulatory issues including those who are being, or may be, investigated by the Gambling Commission and other regulatory authorities.
Simon is also a member of the Fraud Defence group advising companies and individuals who are being, or may be, investigated by criminal, tax or regulatory authorities. He is a member of the Fraud Lawyers Association and a co-founder of the firm's Criminal Law Panel.
- Acted for a substantial international cinema company in a breach of warranty claim and a subsequent dispute with the company's insurers over monies due under warranty insurance
- Acted for an international shipping company in a dispute following the attempted "hijack" of the company at Companies House as part of a criminal conspiracy
- Acted for a substantial national distribution company in relation to the theft of confidential information and the illegal pre-texting of their confidential company records
- Acted for a multi-national pharmaceutical company in relation to an employee fraud and the multi-million pound abuse of a national rebate scheme
- Acted in the first ever appeal to the First Tier Tribunal for Gambling against a decision of the Gambling Commission to revoke the personal management licence of a director of a substantial betting and gaming organisation
- Acted for a high-net-worth individual in a dispute with a major financial institution in relation to substantial losses sustained on an investment portfolio involving suspected breaches of financial services regulations
- Acted for a substantial international private investment company in respect of a minority shareholder petition and allegations of breach of directors duties
- Acted for an international diamond company in relation to proceedings brought against it alleging a breach of Agency Regulations and claiming multi-million pound compensation
- Acted for a consultancy company claiming unpaid fees arising out of an introducer agreement in excess of £8 million
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Fellow of Institute of Legal Executives, Mishcon de Reya
Fellow of Institute of Legal Executives, Garstangs