Shelley King is a Managing Associate in the Employment department.
She has experience of the full spectrum of employment issues, working as a trusted advisor to a wide range of domestic and multinational clients but with a particular focus on the technology, manufacturing, and agricultural sectors. Shelley has a particular interest in HR data issues and the personnel aspects of organisational change.
In addition to her client facing role, Shelley also performs an internal professional support function for the cohort of employment lawyers working with fast growth clients in the technology sector.
Shelley is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Providing advice and support during a significant organisational restructuring including redundancies and redeployments.
- Providing support to clients in the handling of data subject access and data deletion requests.
- Successful management and settlement of employment tribunal proceedings involving various complex discrimination claims.
- Providing advice and support in relation to the management of sensitive grievance processes.
- Handling the response to threatened breach of contract proceedings following the withdrawal of a job offer and support in relation to connected GDPR compliance issues.
- Advice regarding employees with acquired agricultural occupancy rights.
- Providing advice in relation to long term ill health issues in the workplace and the management of the associated legal risks.
- Support with the employment aspects of acquisitions and investment funding rounds including the management of post completion deliverables, in particular, in relation to compliance with the GDPR from a HR perspective; implementation of appropriate business protections within service agreements; and the review of arrangements related to a-typical engagements.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Paralegal, Taylor Vinters LLP
Legal PA, Taylor Vinters LLP
Legal PA, Poole & Co
Conveyancing Assistant, Shoosmiths/ Property Direct
Legal Assistant, Poole & Co