Robert is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department and specialises in civil fraud. He has acted for both claimants and defendants, obtaining and opposing multiple Search Orders, Asset Freezing Orders and Delivery-up Orders in large cross-jurisdictional commercial disputes. He has also been involved in a substantial number of data theft and recovery cases using these civil fraud injunctive procedures. Such cases often involve allegations of breaches of restrictive covenants. Robert has also acted on intellectual property cases involving brand protection. Industry sectors in which he has worked include hedge funds, banking and finance, information technology, recruitment, energy, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and property development.
Robert also has a large general commercial litigation practice and significant experience in professional negligence matters, breach of contract disputes and directors and minority shareholder disputes. Robert has written articles concerning various matters including data theft and Search Orders, Asset Freezing Orders and Delivery-Up Orders in property, recruitment and other industry publications.
Robert is a member of The International Fraud Group.
- Frequently obtaining without notice Search, Evidence Preservation and Asset Freezing Orders against defendants, both in the UK and overseas across multiple sectors. Acting for defendants opposing such orders.
- Representing numerous FTSE 100 and other recruitment agencies on information theft and covenant - enforcement cases.
- Acting for various high profile hedge funds in 100 million euro dispute concerning allegations of misrepresentation by investment banks.
- Multi-million pound international arbitration involving the sale of commercial jet aircraft in Eastern Europe.
- Acting for a private lending company in £15m case involving lending on over 40 property developments and allegations of mismanagement of the lending business.
- Acting for investors in multi-million pound matter where misrepresentation is alleged against a Swiss private bank and financial advisor.
- Acting for Middle Eastern based telecommunications company in multi-million pound cross-jurisdictional fraud claim.
- Various claims concerning poaching of key employees and solicitation of clients in recruitment and financial sectors; acting for the employees themselves; for the previous employer and prospective employer.
- Obtaining injunctions against print media organisations preventing publication of confidential material.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, The Khan Partnership
Solicitor, Middletons (Sydney)
Qualified Solicitor in New South Wales, Australia
Articles and Publications
Robert has written articles in property and recruitment publications in respect of data theft, Delivery-up and Search Orders. He also contributes to the Firm's Fraud Briefings.