Robert is an Associate in the Family department. He specialises in all aspects of family law, including divorce; financial remedy claims; jurisdictional disputes; and private children law proceedings.
Robert has particular expertise in complex financial disputes (particularly those with an international dimension) and drafting and advising on pre and post marital agreements.
- Drafting and advising on the enforcement of pre/post nuptial, cohabitation and civil-partnership agreements, including agreements where assets are located in England and other jurisdictions, such as Brazil, China, France, Hong Kong, Ireland and the USA;
- Advising on jurisdiction disputes, including disputes between England and India / the US / Sweden;
- Assisting with disclosure issues and obtaining disclosure orders against third parties, including trustees and registered agents in offshore jurisdictions, and joining third parties to proceedings within the context of financial remedy proceedings;
- Defending financial claims in England following an overseas divorce (and advising upon resultant confidentiality and publicity issues);
- Recovering chattels and belongings following the breakdown of relationships;
- Advising on issues arising out of the administration of a trust established under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989;
- Representing clients in complex disputes regarding children, including disputes about paternity, change of schools, internal and external relocations and child care arrangements;
- Obtaining a declaration of parentage in circumstances where the father was deceased.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Manches LLP
Associate, Penningtons Manches LLP
University of Exeter, History
College of Law, Law