Richard is a Managing Associate in the Commercial Litigation team of the Dispute Resolution department. He has extensive experience of managing high value cross border disputes in the English courts and a multitude of overseas jurisdictions such as the USA, Singapore, Spain, Kenya and Bermuda. His general commercial disputes practice includes claims relating to breach of contract, fraud, shareholder disputes, data protection, intellectual property and defamation.
Richard conducts both claimant and defendant work and advises a diverse range of clients from international companies and in-house counsel to private individuals. He has acted for clients across a broad range of sectors including Financial Services, Media and Telecommunications, Healthcare, Sport, Energy and Manufacturing.
- Acting for a medical services provider on a £35m breach of contract and misrepresentation claim arising out of employee fraud and the misreporting of contractual key performance indicators.
- Acting for the management of a luxury hotel chain in a high profile shareholder dispute.
- Acting for a financial services provider to defend a breach of contract and professional negligence claim arising out of its transfer of funds in reliance on fraudulent payment instructions.
- Advising the British Bankers' Association on civil claims and regulatory investigations arising out of LIBOR manipulation.
- Advising a derivative contracts services company on a contractual dispute with a white label partner regarding their rights on termination. Interactive Investor Trading Ltd v City Index Ltd  EWCA Civ 837.
- Advising a marketing agency on breach of contract, intellectual property and employment claims arising out of a large employee team move.
- Advising a high net worth individual on various shareholder disputes and contractual claims arising out of his divorce and the division of the family's substantial property empire.
Senior Associate, Wiggin LLP
Senior Solicitor/Solicitor/Trainee Solicitor, Macfarlanes LLP
Nottingham Trent University, LPC
University of Nottingham, Law LLB