Rebecca is an Associate in the Family department. She is a dual qualified solicitor (England and Wales (2008) and Hong Kong (2013)), with extensive experience working in both jurisdictions as a litigator and family lawyer. Rebecca is experienced in a wide range of family law matters, both contentious and advisory. Her clients include high net worth individuals and those in international and/or cross-border relationships. She acts in relation to all aspects of the breakdown of family relationships, including divorce, the financial and childcare consequences of separation, jurisdiction disputes, international relocation and setting aside financial divorce settlements on the basis of fraud. She also advises on pre and post-nuptial agreements.
Rebecca's background as a commercial litigator means she also has in-depth experience in litigation matters, regulatory investigations, arbitration, dispute resolution and the provision of contentious advice, including high profile commercial, corporate, banking and fraud litigation, acting for banks, corporates and high net worth individuals worldwide. In particular, she has acted in relation to complex financial disputes, multi-jurisdictional cases, worldwide injunctive relief, contempt of court proceedings, mediation, trial and settlement.
According to Leading Counsel and Joint Head of Chambers at 1GC Family Law, Charles Geekie QC, Rebecca brings "terrifying efficiency and uniquely imaginative thinking" to her cases.
- Acting in relation to all aspects of family law including pre and post marriage advice and documentation, divorce, financial and child matters, contested international relocation disputes and setting aside applications.
- Acting for a high net worth individual defending a claim brought by his former wife in the Hong Kong Court to overturn a financial consent order following their divorce on the grounds of misrepresentation, non-disclosure and fraud.
- Acting for a client in relation to committal proceedings arising from breach of a freezing order, resulting in his early release from prison.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in the Hong Kong and English Courts in respect of claims of breach of contract arising from the sale of a prominent media business.
- Acting in English Court proceedings for a leading land company based in Hong Kong in respect of claims arising from the close out of derivative transactions in relation to the Lehman insolvency (which settled out of Court).
- Successfully acting for Shell in relation to a fraud claim bought in the English Court against one of its former oil traders (Shell v Tikhonov).
- Successfully acting for MF Global defending claims brought by a former client in the English Court in relation to losses sustained in trading complex derivative products (Michael Wilson v MF Global).
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Senior Associate, Clifford Chance London and Hong Kong
Associate, Withers Hong Kong
Admitted as a Solicitor in Hong Kong, 2013
Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales, 2008
University College London, LLB Law
Articles and Publications