Millicent is a litigator in Mishcon Private. She specialises in Reputation Protection, advising individuals, companies and institutions on defamation, breach of confidence, invasion of privacy, harassment and data protection issues. She provides claimants and defendants with pre- and post-publication advice and has a particular focus on advising in relation to online publications, including those on Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms. In addition to crisis work, Millicent works alongside her clients, including individuals and institutions, to protect and enhance their work and reputation within their commercial sector.
Millicent also has experience in wider commercial litigation and acts for international, high net-worth individuals in a range of complex disputes.
Millicent assists with the SPITE project – a pro bono partnership with Queen Mary University – advising victims of revenge porn. She also delivers training on developments in media law and protection.
- Advising a high-profile entrepreneur in relation to defamatory allegations relating to his commercial and personal interests.
- Representing a parent member of a Royal family on complex issues.
- Acting on behalf of a high net-worth individual who was having difficulty obtaining a bank account due to damaging information about him on World-Check, the worldwide database of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and heightened risk individuals and organisations.
- Challenging content published online and obtaining disclosure from international web hosts and internet and email service providers, in order to identify anonymous/malicious publishers.
- Advising a well-known company in a successful attempt to remove false online reviews.
- Making a successful application to Google under their 'Right to be Forgotten' process.
- Advising high net-worth individuals in reputation crisis on immediate and long term action to include creating and controlling a positive public image.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Paralegal, Financial Conduct Authority
University of Edinburgh, MA (Hons) German and European History