Matthew is an Associate in the Employment department.
He advises employers and employees on all aspects of employment law. These include both contentious and non-contentious aspects of the law, such as discrimination; unfair dismissal; enforceability of restrictive covenants; and day-to-day HR matters including disciplinary and grievance procedures, handbook policies and other contractual issues. Matthew also advises on the drafting and negotiation of employment contracts, consultancy arrangements and settlement agreements.
Matthew has experience of litigating in both the High Court and Employment Tribunal and works across a range of business sectors.
He is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association
- Advised a multi-national travel company defending a claim for unfair dismissal, direct and indirect discrimination and harassment in the Employment Tribunal.
- Advised a large property investment and development company on the dismissal of a plc director.
- Advised a financial advisory firm on an internal investigation into suspected competitive behaviour by a senior executive and co-founder.
- Advised a number of corporates on a range of transactions including both share and asset sales
- Advised numerous senior executives in relation to negotiated exits from a range of employers including global banks, PLCs and investment funds.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Linklaters LLP
Articles and Publications
Report on the Taylor review: full steam ahead or running aground?