Sophie is an Associate within the Data Group. She advises on all matters relating to data protection, privacy and cyber security with an emphasis on the healthcare, “health-tech” and life sciences industry. She also advises on financial regulation in the context of FinTech and payments providers.
She has a broad range of experience, including advising global technology providers, financial services firms, and healthcare and life sciences clients on various regulatory and commercial matters. She also has experience advising on the data protection aspects of various large M&A and private equity transactions.
Sophie is able to draw on practical experience, having previously been a data protection specialist at the Bank of England.
- Assisting a global payment scheme with their application for binding corporate rules
- Advising a global financial services institution on their global data protection compliance, including in relation to their binding corporate rules
- Advising a large social media platform on the data privacy aspects of a new product launch
- Advising various healthcare and life sciences clients on various ad hoc data protection compliance projects
- Advising on the data privacy aspects of various large M&A and private equity transactions
- Negotiating commercial contracts
Associate, McDermott Wil & Emery
Trainee, Paul Hastings (Europe) LLP