Lesia is a Managing Associate in the Commercial Litigation team, with a focus on adopting a commercial approach to dispute resolution. She has experience with a range of complex, high-value and multi-jurisdictional matters, including those resolved by litigation, arbitration and ADR.
Lesia's practice includes both claimant and defendant work, and primarily involves breach of contract claims, and claims in negligence. In particular, she has significant experience with professional negligence claims brought against a wide range of professionals.
Lesia is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales, and as a solicitor and barrister in Ontario, Canada.
- Defending the Paris office of a large, US-based law firm against a high-value negligence claim arising from a restructuring transaction, brought in England under French insolvency law.
- Acting for a large property consultancy in respect of a partnership claim brought by a former partner in arbitration, and successfully appealing the arbitration award in the High Court.
- Defending 10 former directors of a large hotel group in a multi-jurisdictional claim brought by liquidators of a group company, arising from a complex corporate restructuring.
- Acting on a claim for breach of contract issued by the liquidators of an English company outside of the jurisdiction against two large corporate entities based in Egypt.
- Acting on a number of complex professional negligence claims brought against professionals including solicitors, accountants, and insolvency practitioners.
Associate / Senior Associate, Clyde & Co LLP
Trainee, Clyde & Co LLP
University of Leicester, LLB
Mount Allison University, B.A. (English Literature)